Weddings at Springgrove Estate Shed
Tucked away and bordering hundreds of acres of timber forests in the rural region of Mpumalanga, you will find our breathtakingly beautiful estate.
Upon arrival, you will be met with our long picturesque tree covered sandy driveway (which is meticulously graded weekly for your convenience). After driving past the long, sloping runway on the left, you will see our outbuildings jutting out of from behind the ancient oak trees. Painstakingly restored and renovated, the original post and beam construction and elegant details of the shed are combined with modern amenities.
As you look around the farm, you will see the special little touches of decor that help create that rustic and homely feel from the moment you set foot onto our property. Whether it is our flower filled wheelbarrow, our lavender filled antique milk cans, our portable antique gin bar, our wide array of unique signage or vintage treasures around every corner, which set the mood for you and your guests before they even sit in their seats.
Once the nuptials and the long awaited “kiss” are witnessed, it is time to retreat to the wooden deck at the Shed (where we have an antique wooden wool press which as been converted into a serving table, wooden bistro tables and umbrellas), the grass area beyond that, or the grand old willow trees which are encased by aged deciduous trees, where your guests can enjoy canapés and cocktails for an hour or two, while you enjoy your much anticipated photo shoot without worrying about your guests.
Imagine rays of sunlight filtering through the gum trees as the sun is setting on the horizon, illuminating the historic structure of the century-old, charm-restored shearing shed on Springgrove-Estate.
Imagine the moment that you have been waiting for, seemingly stop, as the twilight gives up its light to the twinkle of a chandelier lit ceiling suspended overhead. Imagine a place where rustic marries elegance.
Imagine your closest friends and family enjoying the unique sandstone fireplace in the elegant dining area where the wooden tables are adorned with candles and white linen amongst the ancient timber frame structure.
The Springgrove Shed takes pride in attention to detail that will make your wedding like none other. Our staff and facilities allow the bridal party and guests to actually relax, enjoy and experience the memories being made. We provide a unique atmosphere that will awaken all your senses. The Springgrove Shed is the ultimate in simplicity and charm with the marriage of rustic and elegance. We are a year-round venue and cater for all weather types. Situated in Mpumalanga, one must always be ready for four seasons in one day.
Remember that your wedding is really about you as a couple, and if a small intimate experience is what you wish for without any distractions, then come away and realise your dream.
Chapel / Forest Chapel / Lawn
The Springgrove Chapel
(STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
Your guests will enjoy the charming details of our unique, open framed chapel which can hold up to 84 guests comfortably. We are currently erecting an old fashioned chapel with a brass bell outside which can be rung, signalling the much anticipated arrival of the bride. The sound of the church bells will send shivers down your spine.
Completion date: End of Feb/Mar 2018
Timber Forest Chapel
You will get to say your vows in our unique Springgrove forest (weather permitting). An ideal rustic open air setting for your outdoor wedding ceremony. The tall gum trees create the feel of a natural cathedral, adding intrigue and mystery to the occasion. The pristine, mirror like dam that peeks through the gum trees will have your guests gasping at its beauty.
The Manor House Lawn
Set the scene for your ceremony along the 100m manicured grass green lawn with the ivy covered walls of the Manor House as your backdrop. An exquisite setting to say your vows under a steel pergola or turn the chairs 90 degrees with a view of the valley. After the ceremony, as they mingle while partaking in delicious appetizers and refreshing cocktails, they can enjoy the area around the Manor House as they make their way to the Shed which is situated only a few metres away from the Manor House. Picnic blankets and baskets can also be arranged for your guests to enjoy while you take your time with your photographs.
Bridal Party Accommodation
The Manor House
The Bridal party get to enjoy this grand Manor House. It stems from the original farmhouse which was built on the farm circa 1884. It has since then been restored and renovated and shaped into the magnificent house as it stands today. Covered in green ivy during the summer months, it truly is a one of its kind manor house in the area. It now functions as a weekend home and/or self-catering house for the use of weddings. Please note that the house is for the bridal party.
- 2 en suite bedrooms downstairs (1 x king size bed and 1 x double standard bed)
- 1 en suite family bedroom (2 x single beds and 1 x double bed)
- 1 x en suite bedroom upstairs (1 x king size bed)
- 1 x luxury en suite (1 x king size bed)
- 1 guest bathroom downstairs
- 1 x lounge with big built in fireplace
- Piano room/entrance hall 1 x dining room with long antique 10 x seater table and fireplace
- Double wooden doors which open out onto our stunning ivy roof covered patio with a wooden bar, gas braai and two fridges
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Two garden sets out on the lawn
- Tennis Court with lapa
- Swimming pool
- 100m manicured lawn
- Double garage
- A short walk from the fishing dams
- Just a short walk from the wedding venue and chapel
This is the annex to the Manor House and is situated right next the Manor House. It is also for the use of the Bridal Party.
- 1 x Double room with a king size bed
- 1 x Double room with a queen bed
- 1 x Bathroom to share (shower only)
- Dining room
Maximum number of guests – 84
(Children under 2 are welcome to stay for free: There is only 1 x cot available on the estate. Camping cots are not supplied. Own bedding must be supplied for them).
Our wedding packages include the following:
- The Springgrove Estate Chapel and Shed which can accommodate 84 people
- Corkage fee for wine or champagne (1 x bottle per table). Thereafter a corkage fee will be charged at R40-00 p/bottle
- All standard white crockery, stainless steel cutlery and standard glasses
- Salt & pepper sets
- Large water jug filled with water, lemon, mint and ice
- Small standard stainless steel ice buckets
- White and silver stainless steel champagne tub
- Two silver floor standing candelabras
- Wooden rectangular tables and wooden school-like chairs
- Glass mason jars to be displayed along the cement path to the Shed
- Use of full kitchen facilities
- Walk in fridge
- Bar area (with two fridge/freezers)
- Wedding co-ordinator for church service and reception – until formalities are completed
- White table cloths and serviettes
- Waiters and barman
- Ice for reception
- Wood for reception
- Setting of tables inside and outside
- Cleaning up after function
- Setting up braai facilities at the Anguni Village for Friday night guests
- Vaal Japie Ferguson tractor and our iconic 2nd World War Dodge Power wagon – which will be displayed at the Shed
- Fully fitted Manor House Bridal lounge (upstairs on the landing) with complimentary breakfast, bottomless tea and coffee and one bottle of sparkling wine
- Hamperdown Groom’s bar area with complimentary breakfast and bottle of whisky served in a crystal decanter with crystal glasses and ice (cigars, brandy and extra whisky will be available but will be charged separately)
- A silver bocce set will be available to enjoy out on the Manor house lawn
- All catering costs not mentioned above for the entire wedding weekend
- Games hire (wooden lawn croquet set, giant jenga and bocce)
- Built-in projector and screen
- In-house wedding co-ordinator for the duration of the weekend (which is recommended).She is available as a full wedding co-ordinator for all pre-wedding and wedding arrangements. She will arrange all catering, decor, flowers, photographer, DJ, live music etc. To be quoted separately.
- Any other decor which is ordered separately and for which a quotation will be supplied
The bride and her bridesmaids get to enjoy the beautiful area on the second floor which is totally fitted and kitted out for her convenience. It includes a lounge area with mirrors, sofa and antique dressers.
The Groom’s Room
The groom and his groomsmen get to enjoy the Manor House verandah to socialise and get ready. There are braai facilities as well as a whisky / Cigar bar.
We have a large selection of decor available for rental and will source anything else you need.
- Vintage lanterns
- Burlap and lace table runners
- Linens for your reception tables
- Mason jars
- Picture frames for photo booth or for hanging on the trees outside
- Rustic signage
- Enamel pots, dishes and alcohol stands
- Vintage wheelbarrow
- Stainless steel bathtubs
- Various candle holders
- Various glass vases for forest chapel aisle
- Various silver candle holders, dishes and vases
- Silver champagne tubs
- Glass water jugs
We have a large selection of rustic chic to timeless vintage decorations. Let us provide you with the perfect decorations for your wedding day. We can create the perfect ambiance for your special day. We offer anything from basic decor (included in our all-inclusive packages) to premium decorating packages. You tell us exactly what you want and we make your dreams come true!
Please note that viewings are by appointment only as we try to keep our facilities and bookings as exclusive and private as possible. We believe that every service is unique and special and for this reason, we do not take on more than one service per weekend.
Games for Hire
In-house caterer – details on request.
We have an in-house photographer – details on request.
Live music which will cater to your every need. We have access to South Africa’s top guitarist / musician – Mr Nathan Smith and his session musicians who will sing in the chapel and / or the reception. We often use Nathan for our functions.
We have an in-house DJ – details on request.
(Please add your music preference when booking your wedding package.)
Details on request.
Personalised wedding favours to suit your theme.