For inquiries regarding a wedding, event or function at our venue, please fill out the form below. We typically respond within 48 business hours. Thank You.
Springgrove Estate Shed
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have decor for rent?
We have different types of decor which is available for rental as well as a few items which are free of charge. Click on the link to see what is available.
2. On our wedding day, what time may we start setting up?
Your wedding package includes the venue from Friday at 12h00 until Sunday at 12h00. If you would like to book for a longer period, that can be arranged at our daily rate per person (depending on the accommodation you have chosen).
3. Is there a cost associated with the bridal suite?
It is included in the wedding package. The Bridal party gets to enjoy the full use of the exquisite Manor House and the Hamperdown Cottage for the duration of the wedding. They also get the exclusive use of the Bridal Dressing Suite and the Groom’s room in the Hamperdown Cottage or Manor House.
4. Will you be the wedding co-ordinator for the whole weekend?
I will only be the wedding co-ordinator for the church service and reception – until the formalities are completed. I can, however, be the wedding co-ordinator for the whole weekend at a discussed and agreed rate. Myself and a staff member will then be on site for the duration of the wedding weekend. We will communicate with your vendors and guests, so that you are not responsible for keeping the timeline flowing. We can also arrange a second package wherein I plan your entire wedding for you. Rates for this can be discussed separately.
5. How many guests can the Shed accommodate?
A maximum of 84.
6. What is the average time couples have their ceremony start?
Average time is 3pm ‑ 5pm in summer and 2.30pm – 4pm in winter.
7. What does the Wedding Package include?
The venue (The Shed – see the detailed list of everything included), Chapel, Manor House & Hamperdown Cottage for the Bridal Party, Bridal suite and grooms room.
8. Do you have lawn games available?
Yes, we rent them out for R1000 p/day for three games – Giant Jenga, Lawn Croquet and Bocce.
9. Does the music stop at midnight?
Yes it does, but it can be extended at an overtime hourly rate of R650 p/h.
10. Will you be there until after midnight if the party would like to carry on?
Yes I will, but I charge R650-00 p/h overtime.
11. Transportation: Is there a shuttle service available for the guests not staying on Springgrove Estate to get to their respective guest houses in Lothair, Amsterdam and Chrissiesmeer?
Yes there is. The rate to be discussed when booking the shuttle. The shuttle must be booked and paid for at least one week prior to the wedding.
12. If I reserve a date, do I pay a deposit?
Yes you do. Bookings are only secured by the payment of a deposit equal to 50% of the quotation. A deposit is refundable only if written cancellation is received by no later than 180 days prior to the event. An administration fee of 5% will be levied to cover work completed prior to the cancellation of the event.
13. Is there a breakage deposit?
Yes, R5000 which is refunded within 7 days after the wedding. A detailed list of breakages will be attached to your deposit slip.
14. Can we schedule a tour?
Yes you can. Please contact me for details.
15. Is the music included in the price?
No, we have an in-house DJ who will charge you for his services and will supply all sound equipment – including the slide show (if you would like one). Contact him directly.
16. Can you arrange live music?
Yes we can. It is to be arranged and quoted separately. Please contact me for details of the artist.
17. Do you have a liquor license?
No we don’t. We have applied for one. Please contact us for details of when it will be ready and how we can assist you if your wedding or function is booked before we get it.