For inquiries regarding a wedding, event or function at our venue, please fill out the form below. We typically respond within 48 business hours. Thank You.
Springgrove Estate Shed
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have decor for rent?
We have different types of decor which is available for rental as well as a few items which are free of charge.
2. On our wedding day, what time may we start setting up?
Your wedding package includes the venue from Friday at 09h00 until Sunday at 12h00. If you would like to book for a longer period, that can be arranged at our daily rate per person (depending on the accommodation you have chosen).
3. Is there a cost associated with the bridal suite?
No, It is included in the wedding package. The Bridal party gets to enjoy the full use of the exquisite Manor House and the Hamperdown Cottage for the duration of the wedding. They also get the exclusive use of the Bridal Dressing Suite and the Groom’s room in the Hamperdown Cottage or Manor House.
4. Will you be the wedding co-ordinator for the whole weekend?
No, I will only be the wedding co-ordinator for the church service and reception – until the formalities are completed. I can, however, be the wedding co-ordinator for the entire weekend at a discussed and agreed rate. Myself and a staff member will then be on site for the duration of the wedding weekend. We will communicate with your vendors and guests, so that you are not responsible for keeping the timeline flowing. We can also arrange a second package wherein I plan your entire wedding for you. Rates for this can be discussed separately.
5. How many guests can the Shed accommodate?
6. What is the average time couples have their ceremony start?
Average time is 4pm ‑ 5pm in summer and 3:15pm in winter.
7. What does the Wedding Package include?
Request an email from Sharon.
8. Do you have lawn games available?
Yes, we rent them out for R1500 p/day for four games;
- Giant Jenga
- Lawn Croquet
- Giant Pick-up-Sticks
9. Does the venue close and music stop at midnight?
Yes it does, but it can be extended at an overtime hourly rate of R1500 p/h.
10. Will you be there until after midnight if the party would like to carry on?
Yes I will,
11. Transportation: Is there a shuttle service available for the guests not staying on Springgrove Estate to get to their respective guest houses in Lothair, Amsterdam and Chrissiesmeer?
12. If I reserve a date, do I pay a deposit?
Yes you do. Bookings are only secured by the payment of a non-refundable deposit of R5000. An administration fee of 5% will be levied to cover work completed prior to the cancellation of the event.
13. Is there a breakage deposit?
14. Can we schedule a tour?
15. Is the music included in the price?
No. We do, however, have an in-house DJ who will charge you a discounted rate for his services and will supply all sound equipment.
His price includes:
- traveling costs
A slide show can be included at an additional cost.
Contact Sharon for his contact details.
16. Can you arrange live music?
17. Do you have a liquor license?
Yes we do. Cashless venue. Strictly credit and debit cards.